- Negotiable based on experience
Manage and promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, pricing, sales, and merchandising, loss prevention, and training and managing staff. Promote a high level of customer service and involvement, and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Meet or exceed all financial goals, as directed by the Owner, focusing on sales, gross and net profits and overall profitability.
2. Maintain all controllable expenses within established budgetary guidelines. Process all billing, invoices and related documents, to insure vendors and service providers are paid within appropriate time frame.
3. Drive sales through the professional development of sales associates, focusing on coaching training, and role modeling acceptable selling practices.
4. Support and execute all merchandise buys as determined beneficial. Manage all customer buys to insure we can maintain profitability standards in reselling these products.
5. Promote and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Insure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service.
6. Maintain merchandise and visual presentation standards on a daily basis.
7. Recruit and hire associates for all areas of the store. Establish schedules, implement developmental plans, set productivity and performance standards for each associate. Perform and complete associate evaluations in a timely manner.
8. Insure all inventory functions are completed as directed, including regular inventory counts. Insure merchandise receiving and ticketing occur in a timely manner, so that merchandise can be processed to the selling floor for sale.
9. Establish and maintain appropriate security procedures including computer cash register and open/close procedures. Prepare daily bank deposits and perform daily/weekly bookkeeping tasks. Produce weekly management reports and consignment reports and consignment reports/checks.
1. 4 year degree in business preferred but not required.
2. 2+ years prior management and supervisory experience, plus 3 years retail sales experience, preferably in similar clothing lines.
3. Strong leadership, organizational skills, and time management skills critical.
4. Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal communication skills required.
5. Sales and goal oriented.
6. Must be computer literate.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
2. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing, and stocking merchandise.
4. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
5. No exposure to hazardous materials or environments.